Owning a shower tent has several advantages. Such tents are great to carry around if you are frequent camper or hiker.
Why do you need a separate showering tent?
- Showering tents provide you requisite privacy.
- They allow you to enjoy showers even when you are away from home. You don’t need to wait to return home to get a shower.
- It is not wise to wash and clean in natural water bodies like ponds, streams and lakes. This is because you might end up harming the aquatic life from the chemicals used in soaps and shampoos. Hence it is shower tents can be a more eco-friendly option.
- These are highly compact and portable. You can take them while on camping.
- These are also great to carry around for outdoor photo shoots that don’t wind up in a few hours.
- Shower tents can be additionally used as outdoor changing rooms or toilet tents.
Thus if you tend to remain outdoors for long durations of time, you should check out some of the best shower tents available in the market. However choosing from among them can be a daunting task. Consider the below tips to choose the right kind of camping shower tent for yourself.
Tips to find the perfect shower tent for your next outdoor activity/trip:
- It should have good build quality
A shower tent is meant to withstand outdoor conditions. So ensure that the shower tent you settle for has strong and sturdy poles and are made of heavy duty fabrics. The shower tent should be sturdy enough to stand strong and not collapse in a gust of wind. This can pose a hazard to the person using the shower tent. So check with the retailer that the shower tent you buy is durable and strong.
- It should be easy to set up
After a long day of hiking, you wouldn’t possibly want to set up a complicated shower tent. So it is important to consider that the shower tent you buy is easy and hassle-free to set up. More importantly, ensure that you can set it up single-handedly, without any help.
- The fabric should be waterproof
Since the shower tent is meant to be used outdoors, it is extremely important for it to be made of fabric which is waterproof, or at least have a water-resistant coating. This is helpful so that there is no leakage while you are inside the shower tent. Waterproof fabric also ensures that the shower tent will last a long time. It will not soak water and will be dry when you pack it up. Otherwise it can add up additional weight which is not preferable particularly when you have to move from place to place. The shower tent should also have waterproof interior mesh pockets.
- It should be lightweight
Consider the weight of the shower tent before buying to ensure greater and better mobility. A lightweight shower tent is perfect for carrying around whether you are out for hiking, camping or to the beach.
- Do not hesitate to invest
Since shower tents are generally one-time investments, it is unwise to compromise on quality. Even if the shower tent is a slight bit expensive, but fits all bills perfectly, you should go ahead and buy it.