It is a dermatology treatment that uses microneedles to address skin issues such as fine lines, acne scars, stretch marks and ageing. A pen-like device is used to obtain brighter, tighter and refreshed skin. Microchannels are created on the skin with the medical device with multiple needles to revitalize the skin.
It is a trend that evolved in the cosmetic industry. The prime purpose of the method is to remove scars and thereby make the face beautiful. A typical dermapen consists of 12 needles. The top surface of the skin is punctured for the desired result. Vertical movements encourage the needles to enter into the first layer of the face and eventually foster the opening of pores.
The piercing may cause pain, however, new cells are formed by the dermal layer; skin rejuvenation. A microneedle is expected to create many punctures within a second and generate collagen and elastin without interfering with the usual functions of the dermal layer.
It is a universal fact that there is no gain without a bit of pain. Similarly, the skin of the patient will hurt. However, a topical anaesthetic will be injected into the body. Also, a cream will be applied to sensitive skin for safety.
It is to be noted that this cosmetic procedure is not only implemented on the face but is also employed on other parts of the body. The scars and stretch marks prevailing on the other regions of the human being can also be treated with the help of the micro-needling technique.
Neck, abdomen, arms, hands, legs and face are common parts that can avail the benefits.
The transformation of skin with dermapen before and after application is a miracle and a feast to the eyes.
The majority of healthy individuals are eligible to avail themselves of the treatment, however, expected mothers and people on medication are advised to consult doctors to prevent complications and side effects.
The redness and bruises caused by the needles are common and will disappear within 3-4 days. Usually, there aren’t any side effects on the patient who follow a skincare routine as prescribed by the qualified clinician; avoidance of sunlight and application of sunscreen.
Proper skincare routine and healthy diets such as intake of fruits and vegetables, drinking lots of water and consumption of edibles at appropriate intervals without a miss are needed on days before treatment. Exfoliation of skin before 2 to 3 days of touch of dermapen would be helpful for a safer experience.
When should you choose the microneedle procedure?
- Lighten the darkness of a previously wounded part: An intention to replace damaged tissue is a good start as the therapy facilitates the formation of a new surface; most of the partially healed wounds are dark. Implementation of dermatological technology can generate collagen and remove the evidence of injuries.
- Reduction in stretch marks: Partially addressed stretch marks can be eliminated. The action of the needles relieves one from unattractive stretch marks by creating cells.
- Reduction of wrinkles and fine lines: Micro-needling is a weapon to fight against ageing. Dermapens induce collagen and elastin that tighten and thicken the facial surface; eliminating fine lines and wrinkles.
Are you curious about the transition of skin with dermapen before and after application? If the answer is yes, let’s begin.
- The dermapen technique is also known to reduce hair loss issues such as alopecia.
- Absorption: The opening of pores by needles assist in the absorption of essential nutrients from beauty care items.
- Improvement of texture: The therapy promotes the overall improvement of skin texture and tone.
- The adjustable depth of the device prevents damage to sensitive areas.
- Initial needling causes bleeding however, as the procedure progresses, the patient can get habituated and may feel less discomfort.
- Large pores of the dermal layers are minimalized post the remedy.
- The micro-instruments used will stimulate the circulation and production of natural collagen in the skin.
- A smooth and healthy surface with an improved condition is commonly expected feedback by the customers.
- When compared to dermarollers, these devices cause less pain and the bruises recover relatively faster.
- Fewer sessions are needed for clearance of scars and wrinkles, on the other hand, skin rejuvenation may be achieved with a single sitting.
Are there any side effects?
- Bruises and redness are the most popular side effects, however, these subside after a few weeks.
- Prolonged discomfort must be informed to the medical professional and a recommended routine must be followed until advised to stop.
What should you consider?
The cost of treatment and purchase of related medications is dependent on the reputation of the healthcare institution and the chosen body parts for rejuvenation; The price of remedy for clearing of scars from the face may be lower than the removal of scars from thick-skin regions.
Also, a customer must prefer a treatment based on the prescribed number of sittings along with his own goals and budget; no patient has the same needs.