What do Kratom Lovers Prefer: Kratom Capsules or Powder?
Mitragyna speciosa, have you ever heard its name? It is a plant species native to the tropical evergreen forests of the earth. Its home is in Southeast Asia. Numerous countries such as Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, and Indonesia grow this plant.
Since the nineteenth century, it has been used in various herbal formulations for medical treatment. This plant is native to the coffee family. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that, just like its cousin coffee, it produces effects similar to stimulants in the consumer’s body. It is also known to have opioid-like effects.
Why is kratom used today?
Just like codeine and morphine act as pain killers, kratom contains a substance called mitragynine which produces a similar effect.
Some of its popular uses include:
- Recreational Drug
- Medicinal Drug
Studies are being conducted on the effectiveness of kratom in modern medicine. Though a lot of data is not available, it is possible that kratom can be used to treat the following conditions.
- Mental Health
Methods of kratom intake:
Since uses of kratom were done since olden times, there are many outdated methods that it was consumed in:
- In olden times, the leaves of the plant were chewed on directly after removing their veins.
- Another popular form of intake was drying the leaves and swallowing them.
- The dried leaves could also be brewed and consumed in the form of tea.
Kratom powder and capsules are the modern-day methods of consuming this plant-based drug.
How are kratom capsules and powders made?
Steps kratom vendors take to make the products:
- Collect and clean the kratom leaves from the plant.
- Dry the leaves in a controlled and hygienic environment.
- Crush the leaves to form a fine powder. This is how kratom powder is made.
- This same powder is filled in gelatine capsules. This is how the kratom capsules are made.
How to consume kratom powder?
The various methods include:
- Mixing the powder with water or juice and then consuming it.
- Washing down method: Eat a spoonful of the dry powder and drink juice or water immediately on top of it.
- Brew the powder and consume it in the form of tea.
How to consume kratom capsules?
This is the easiest way to consume kratom. Just swallow the capsule with water or juice.
Kratom Powder Vs Capsules:
For reasons of convenience, the capsules are preferred more than the powder format. Hence, a lot of kratom vendors are introducing capsule versions for their consumers.
Reasons capsules are preferred:
- If you don’t like the taste of kratom this method is better.
- It doesn’t fill you up as you’ll require less amount of water or juice.
- You can consume more powder by this method.
- Capsules are more accurate in their doses. This is good for medical remedies which require the precision of the dose.
- Capsules are the most hygienic choice. The powder can get contaminated by dust and microbes. Capsules are a safer choice.
In conclusion, capsules are the preferred method for kratom intake. However, make sure to buy it only from reliable kratom vendors for your safety.