If you’ve been languishing in the trenches – literally and figuratively – while working for someone else, and you long to be your own boss, what are you waiting for? This article offers practical tips to help you launch and run an independent plumbing business or advanced drains and plumbing repairs services. There are a lot of factors that you need to carefully and wisely consider. You’ll be required to think outside the tank in terms of business practices that have nothing to do with snakes, hip-waders and sewer systems, but if you’ve been saving folks from septic tank backup and catastrophic toilet blockages for more years than you care to recall, the business-related tasks you’ll need to promote your business should be a piece of cake.
- Acquire the local permits, licenses and certifications your community requires of professionals in the plumbing industry. You may work independently once you launch your business, but regional and state laws are set up to protect critical waste and water infrastructure systems from catastrophic problems that can result from professionals who haven’t enough training or experience.
- Affiliate with your local plumbing union if that credential is essential for doing business in your community. Unions are like brotherhoods; they offer networking, job referrals and camaraderie while providing some of the most comprehensive training classes available anywhere on the planet. Master plumbers with impressive certifications help turn novice plumbers into experts using the auspices of the union, so if you allow yourself one splurge, make it a union membership.
- Cement relationships with other trades people in your area. It’s common knowledge that referrals are the lifeblood of the service industry and making connections with carpenters, electricians, air conditioning and refrigeration contractors and other specialists will serve you well in the future once you open your doors.
- Build a consumer and business client base. Start out with your personal universe and reach out to friends, neighbors and service professionals you’ve hired in the past. Most everyone needs plumbing services so don’t be shy about approaching your hair cutter, child’s tutor, carpet installation professional and florist by giving out your card to let them know that you’re open for business.
- Offer your services to do-it-yourself stores like Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menard’s and hardware stores. These retailers are always looking for skilled people to provide install services once sinks, bathtubs, showers and toilets are purchased. These businesses get a cut of the action, but every well-completed job adds to your client list.
- Resist the urge to advertise in the Yellow Pages. That tip may appear counterintuitive ’cause consumers regularly turn to phone books, but if you open your local directory and turn to the “Plumbers” section, the competition could be daunting. Established plumbers can afford to buy full-page ads. Unless you’re well funded, you probably can’t afford one. Instead, launch a website and use word-of-mouth referrals to add to your client list.
- Launch a loyalty program for trades people and consumers. There’s nothing wrong with rewarding others for referrals. If a consumer gives you a lead, offer a discount on your next service call. Carry business cards that state your discount so they’re ready to be handed out.
Investing in real estate is not an easy task as you require a lot of funds ready to invest in a property. Secondly, the need for funds can arise anytime ion a short notice, which makes it impossible for the person to arrange finds to invest in the real estate. In such a situation, investors turn towards hard money loans as it is the most popular type of loan among real estate investors. It is a type of short term loan given by mostly private individual investors. To obtain this loan, the borrower keeps some property as collateral, and the amount of loan that can be obtained depends on the value of that property.
Hard money loans are not used commonly as it is mostly used for real estate deals and investments. When the loan is needed in an emergency, then people go for the hard money loans as it is quick and has no time-consuming process and formalities. Most of the real estate investors go for the hard money loans to invest in different real estates locations such as Parc Canberra EC and many more. Your application gets approved in mere 2-3 days, which is the primary reason why most of the investors choose it.
Most amazing benefits of using hard money loans in real estate
Fast approval and quick funding
Unlike other loans, hard money loans have a simple and straightforward process and take no time to get your loan application approved. It takes a few minutes to get your loan approved and get the needed funding. Banks make you go through a lot of legal formalities and paperwork to get your loan approved, which consumes a lot of effort and time. It takes a week and sometime even months for your loan application to get approved by the bank. If you have a sudden need for funds to make an investment, then hard money loans are the best option. It is quick and takes less time than other loans.
Hard money loans are given preference among the real estate offers
If you have to take a hard money loan for the funding of your investment, it makes your offer strong and makes sit stand out of the other offers made for the same property. If the same property has multiple offers from different investors, then the hard money loans can help you to get an advantage. In the real estate business, people consider the hard money loans more reliable and look for people who have taken hard money loans for investment purposes. So, if the property is in good demand, then the hard money loan can help you to beat the competition and buy the property.
No requirements of credit scores and history
Most of the banks check your credit history and credit score before giving you a loan, and if it is not according to the terms and conditions of the bank, it will reject your loan application. But in the case of hard money loans, no credit score and history checks are made as to the only thing that matters is the value of the property you are keeping as the collateral. If the lender is satisfied with the property’s value and the down payment you made, you will quickly get the loan. Your income and credit score holds no importance in hard money loans.
Helps to get a loan even after poor record
Your record and history are of great importance as any bank won’t give you a loan if your record is poor. But the hard money loans are based on the assets, and all your bad past and records don’t matter. In hard money loans, you poor records don’t stop you from getting a loan.