What Are The Ingredients To Make The Vegetable Leek And Potato Soup? How To Prepare It?
People love having soup as it is very healthy and it is the best alternative sometimes to have at night. We all need something light at night as it is impossible for our digestive system to digest it all in a good manner because there is no need for energy.
So people who don’t want to do a lot of preparation still want to have something easy to make and still give the amount of food needed. The best type of soup that one can make from scratch without too much preparation is leek and potato soup.
Ingredients that one needs to make this soup!
As we said, we need the ingredients from scratch, so they are easily available daily in a household. This way, it will be easy to get the ingredients and make this soup at any time of the day. Here let’s get to the ingredients:
- Leek: This is the soup’s main ingredient because it is adding the body and flavor to the soup. This ingredient belongs to the onions family, but the taste of this particular vegetable is sweeter than onions. People also add onions to the soup, so if you want to do the same, it is imperative to decrease the leek quantity.
- Potatoes: This is another important ingredient, and we can get to know about it with the name of the soup. There are varieties of potatoes, so one can use any variety of them in the soup. People generally use red potatoes because they can provide a better and creamier taste to the soup. If we compare the white potatoes to red ones, they get softer and have a better texture.
- Spices: No matter what, we can’t have good taste in the meal if we do not use the correct and adequate amount of spices in it. We can use garlic, ginger, bay leaf, salt, and pepper in the soup. These spices will give the right texture and taste that the soup needs.
- Olive oil: This is an optional ingredient in the soup. Some people like to make their food without oil to use oil or not; it is their preference. With the help of olive oil, it is very easy to lift ginger’s flavor and add it to the soup.
These are the important ingredients of leek and potato soup. This particular soup is very easy to prepare and cook. Anyone can make it, and it can be ready in mere minutes. People like to serve it hot with croutons or just simple garnishing. Here are some steps that will help make the soup in minutes.
- Take a pot and then add some oil to it. Then add garlic and ginger to the oil. This time, we have to sauté them. If someone doesn’t like to have oil in the meal, they can avoid it and roast the ginger and garlic before adding everything.
- After this, cut the leek and potatoes to put in the pot. Also, put some salt according to the taste and some pepper in the pot. This will give the right flavor to the soup. Leek can be cooked easily, but potatoes need time to get to that stage.
- Check if the potatoes are ready or not, and if they are, then switch off the heat and start blending the soup. It is important to blend the soup properly and make sure that it is in a soft and smooth consistency.
After this, the soup is ready to serve, and just add the croutons and enjoy the taste.